Office 365 is a suite of cloud services and office software from Microsoft.
All services are available via web interface. Desktop applications (Outlook, Word, Excel,…) and mobile applications can also work with Office 365.
In Office 365, Microsoft continually updates web applications and adds new ones. Not all application functionality may be available in our license plan.
Overview of web applications available in mid-2018:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote – online version of office applications that allow you to view and edit relevant files.
- Outlook (mail), Calendar, Contacts, Tasks – e-mail and related applications, which are also available via desktop Outlook.
- OneDrive – File storage for users with the ability to share.
- SharePoint – create applications for sharing and managing information in organizations. It is the basis for many other applications.
- Teams – digital center for communication and collaboration within teams.
- Delve – search and organizing files to which you have access.
- Forms – quizzes and questionnaires with automatic evaluation.
- Planner – management of tasks for groups and teams.
- Flow – automation of processes and tasks.
- Power BI – analytical and presentation tools for large data processing.
- Yammer – corporate social network.
- Sway – storytelling/presentation tools (alternative to PowerPoint)
- To-Do – personal tasks management (simplified alternative to Outlook tasks).
- Video, Stream – two applications for making company videos available.
- Project Online – managing large projects.
- StaffHub – organization of employees (shift planning, company news, employee chat). The application ends in mid-2019.
- Dynamics 365 – a comprehensive solution for building and managing customer relationships (CRM).
- PowerApps – creating your own business applications.
Applications for Windows/Mac OS
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote – documents can be opened/saved in Office 365 (private and shared storage)
- Outlook – mail client including calendar, tasks and address book
- OneDrive – sync files between your computer and private and shared storage in Office 365
- Skype for Business – communication between users
Users have five Office 2016 licenses for Windows and Mac OS.
Microsoft also creates applications for mobile phones and tablets (Android and iOS), but they have limited functionality against desktop applications.
On your mobile/tablet, install and configure at least a mail client – Microsoft Outlook or another suitable client from another company.