Office365EducationOffice 365 is a Microsoft subscription-based online service that is available in multiple licensing options.
VŠE uses the academic license of Office 365 A1 extended by Office 365 ProPlus license (Office desktop applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,…) and the license of Project Online Essential.
1. Available services
Staff and students have these following services available:
- E-mail supplemented with a calendar and records of contacts and tasks. Each user has a 50 GB mailbox.
- Document storage for individuals (OneDrive). You can store various files to the cloud storage, set up synchronization between folders on your computers and the online storage. Storage capacity is 1TB. You can set sharing with other users for individual files or entire folders. Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents can be viewed and edited through a web browser.
- Sharing Documents within Teams (SharePoint). You can create team-based private webs for organizational units and teams where members can share documents. These websites can run applications for better team communication, such as room and resource reservations, shared calendar, document commenting and approvals.
- Messaging, online meetings and web conferencing (Skype for Business). With Skype for Business (formerly Lync), you can send messages or documents, organize online meetings with real-time notes, and share presentations or screens. Some functions are also available through a web browser.
- Office 365 ProPlus. Students and employees can install Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access, and Skype for Business) on up to five of their devices, allowing them to create and edit documents independently of Internet access.
- Other web applications – Teams, Sway, Forms, Stream or Flow.
- Teams – digital center for communication and collaboration within teams.
- Sway – storytelling/presentation tools
- Forms – quizzes and questionnaires with automatic evaluation.
- Stream – video service for business corporations.
- Flow – automate workflows in applications and services without the need to write code.
- Management of tasks, sending schedules (Project Online Essential). It is used in some courses.
2. Further information, documentation
- Principles of Office 365 Deployment at VŠE – Principles of Office 365 Deployment at VŠE, Rules for Creating Accounts in Office 365.
- Signing in to Office 365 – How to Sign in to the Office 365 Web Interface.
- Study Materials for Office 365 and Outlook from 2013 – only in Czech language.
3. Links to Microsoft Websites
- Office 365 Education – Basic Information about Academic Licenses of Office 365.
- Office 365 Security Centre – Office 365 Privacy, Where Data is Stored, Who Has Access to It, Industry Standards and Certifications, Service Continuity.
- Office 365 Training Center – Tutorials for Users from the Elementary up to Advanced Features.
- Office 365 Admin Help Centre – Technical Documentation for Administration of Office 365 (in English Language).