1. Selection and Installation of Mobile Phone Application
We recommend one of the following applications. If you cannot decide, use Microsoft Authenticator.
- Microsoft Authenticator (Android, iPhone, Windows Phone/Mobile) – a simple application, apart from the timed one-time password, it supports several methods of multi-factor authentication for Office 365. The secret password can be backed up (protected by another password) to a private Microsoft account (Hotmail, Outlook.com). It supports Apple Watch on iPhones.
- Google Authenticator (Android, iPhone) – a simple application, it cannot backup a secret password. It supports additional authentication methods for Google services.
- andOTP (Android) – a simple application with open code and minimal rights. It backs up secret passwords to an encrypted file, which can then be backed up for example via DropBox or GDrive.
- OTP Auth (iPhone) – a simple application in English for iPhone, it can back up to iCloud. It supports Apple Watch on iPhones.
- Authy 2-Factor Authentication (Android, iPhone) – a sophisticated and relatively large application that automatically backs up codes on the network or possibly also synchronizes them between mobile phones. You must enter a phone number. It supports Apple Watch on iPhones.
2. Pairing in InSIS
In the Settings section of InSIS, there is the option Setting Authentication using one-time passwords. The option may be hidden at the end of the list.
After you agree that you have a mobile phone application, InSIS will generate a secret password and display it as a QR code:
3. Printing the QR Code Page
Print the QR code page to have a backup for solutions in case of lost or forgotten mobile phone. After setting, the QR code will no longer be displayed.
4. Scanning the QR Code
In the mobile phone application, choose to add another server and scan the QR code. A six-digit code for InSIS, which changes every 30 seconds, will be displayed in the application.
5. Completion of Pairing and Activation
At the bottom of the InSIS page, type two consecutive numbers displayed in the mobile phone application. Then press Finish to activate login.
6. Keeping the Printed QR Code Secure
The saved QR code will help if you forget your phone somewhere or change your phone.
7. One-Time Password Login
As usual, enter your username and password:
In the second step, you will copy the code from the mobile phone application: