4. Password handling recommendations[menu]
It is important to remember that if your account gets compromised, the attacker can use it to access protected systems, send spam, etc. By handling your login details responsibly, you not only protect your own account, but also the accounts and data of other users.
- do not use same passwords for work-related and private purposes
- do not store passwords in web browsers and other applications
- never include your passwords in e-mails, phone conversations or texting
- do not keep your passwords in open form, whether in the form of a paper or in electronic form
- do not respond to received forms or questionaires which require you to fill in your login details