1. General Information
Help Desk staff can remotely connect to your computer for much easier diagnosis and troubleshooting. If the malfunction does not require physical intervention, this method of support is particularly useful for connecting to deployed sites.
- Remote Assistance can only be used on devices where a school image is installed.
- This way you cannot resolve connectivity issues, although. If you do not have functional connectivity, the assistance will not be able to connect with you.
- On computers that are connected outside VŠE, you must be connected to the VPN.
2. PC Identification of PC
Before connecting, the Help Desk technician will need to know either the name or IP address of your computer. If you do not know this, follow these steps:
The computer name is contained in the “Computer” icon on the desktop (in the format of VSE-xxxxx). Alternatively, right-click on the Start menu (alternatively via Win+X) and select System, one of the items in the system information window is the computer name.
You can find the IP address via the command line: Press Win+R, type “cmd” in the Open field and press Enter. Type “ipconfig” in the command line within the command prompt that will pop up, and press Enter. In the IPv4 Address line you will see your IP address (in the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). See also the following screenshot:
3. Remote Assistance
When the Help Desk technician connects to you, Windows will display a window on your computer asking you to approve the connection. We recommend minimizing the other windows so that the request window is visible. The following guide is for information only, the process is very intuitive.
- Click Yes to allow the Help Desk to view your desktop. You can also see the worker’s name in the window
- When you receive a remote assistance bar, click Chat to communicate with the Help Desk technician unless you are on the phone at the same time.
- In the next window you will allow the Help Desk worker to control your computer.