ownCloud on CESNET
CESNET provides 100GB of cloud storage per user based on the ownCloud platform. Students and employees of VŠE can also use this file online storage.
For this platform there are clients for the most common operating systems (Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android). Description of the service and information can be found on the CESNET website.
The service is available through the web interface at owncloud.cesnet.cz, just log in once and the service will be automatically set up. Registration is not required. All you need to do is authenticate via eduID with your InSIS username and password.
In order to use the client for ownCloud it is first necessary to create a special password in the personal settings of the web interface:
- Click on your username at the top right,
- select “Personal”,
- in the “Password” and “Repeat Password” fields, fill in the password that will be used
- by the client,
- confirm with the “Set Password” button.
Then in the client, you set:
- server address: https://owncloud.cesnet.cz/
- name: user_name @vse.cz
- password: the password you previously set in the web interface
Detailed description of settings is on the CESNET website.