Usage of company mobile phones and data transmission facilities (SR 2/2008)
This Directive, which applies throughout the whole school, defines the conditions for the entrustment and use of company mobile phones and data transmission means for employees of the Prague University of Economics and Business.
|Processor:||Reviewed by:||Approved by:|
|Name:||Tomáš Skřivan||RNDr. Karel Nenadal||Leader: Ing. Libor Svoboda|
|Unit / function:||Head of Computing Center Network Infrastructure Department||Head of Computing Center||Quaestor|
|Signed by:||Tomáš Skrivan||RNDr. Karel Nenadal||Ing. Libor Svoboda|
|Valid from:||15.1.2008||Valid to:||recall|
|Effective from:||15.1.2008||Effective from||appea|
The Directive lays down conditions for the entrustment and use of company mobile phones and data transmission facilities for employees of the Prague University of Economics and Business.
This directive is binding on all school workplaces.
2. List of abbreviations used
|mobile device||–||mobile telephone or data transmission means used primarily for access to the Internet (data card, modem, etc.)|
|DPH (VAT)||–||value added tax|
|OSI||–||Computing Center Network Infrastructure Department|
3. Substantive provisions
- Mobile phones and data transmission equipment (hereinafter referred to as mobile devices) shall be entrusted to individual employees for personal use to the extent necessary for the performance of their duties arising from their duties.
- The Rector, Vice-Rectors, Deans of Faculties, Bursar and the Director of the Computer Center shall be entitled to the allocation of mobile equipment for the period of performance of their duties under this Directive.
- The assignment of mobile devices to employees other than those referred to in the preceding paragraph shall be decided by the VC Director on the basis of a written application approved by the employee for his subordinate employees pursuant to paragraph 3.2. The written application shall specify, in particular, the operational or working reasons that imply the need to allocate the mobile device and the proposal for inclusion in the relevant group pursuant to paragraph 3.6 a), b), c) or d).
- Purchase, commissioning, lending, repair and registration of mobile devices are provided by OSI.
- Confirmation and return of the mobile device is confirmed by the OSI employee and the employee who receives / returns it on the “Receipt / Return of Mobile Device” form, see Annex 1 to this Directive.
- Four groups are set with individual quarterly limits for mobile devices:
- Group A, quarterly limit of CZK 9,000: Rector, Vice-Rectors, Deans of Faculties, Quaestor and Director of the Computer Center
- Group B, quarterly limit of 6000, – CZK: eg vice-deans of faculties, secretaries of faculties and employees, for whom the VC director decides on the basis of an application according to paragraph 3.3 after assessing the work and service needs of the school
- Group C, quarterly limit of CZK 3,000: employees for whom the VC Director decides on the basis of an application pursuant to paragraph 3.3, after assessing the work and service needs of the school,
- Group D, quarterly limit of CZK 1,000: employees for whom the VC Director decides on the basis of an application pursuant to paragraph 3.3, after assessing the work and service needs of the school. The mobile devices used in this group can only be used for calls within the VŠE telephone network.
- The costs of operating a mobile device up to the quarterly limit (see paragraph 3.6) in the case of Group A shall be borne by the VŠE; The employee is obliged to pay to VŠE part of the costs exceeding the set quarterly limit for the operation of his / her mobile device. The employee is informed by the OSI about exceeding the quarterly limit and about exceeding the proportional part of the limit per calendar month.
- After the end of the calendar quarter, OSI will send an internal communication (list for individual employees) to the employee and the EO department with a quantification of the amount (including VAT) by which the set quarterly call limit was exceeded.
- With a view to securing urgent work tasks (foreign business trip, extraordinary tasks), an increase in the limit may be requested for a limited period of time (see Annex 2 to this Directive). This is done in the same way as when handling a new mobile device.
- In extraordinary and especially justified cases, it is possible to apply for permission to exceed the set limit (i.e. the employee may be exempted from payment under paragraph 3.7 (c)). This is done in the same way as when handling a new mobile device.
- Employee of the school to whom the mobile device is entrusted for personal use:
- is responsible for this mobile device for the entire period of its use within the meaning of Section 255 of the Labor Code as an entrusted object, provided that other types of liability under the law are not excluded by this provision,
- must not allow another person to use the mobile device,
- ensures maximum efficiency when making calls and using available services, using all available options;
- in case of loss of the entrusted mobile device, he/she is obliged to prevent its misuse (e.g. to immediately block the SIM card) according to OSI instructions and to pay in full the amount demonstrably incurred damage, which represents:
- da) the normal price of a mobile device of the same type and brand with the same period of use; and
- db) price of activation and price of blocking in the total lump sum of CZK 400.
- Upon termination of employment of an employee entrusted with a mobile device for personal use:
- the employee is obliged to return the entrusted mobile device to the OSI (if the entrusted mobile device is not returned, the procedure under paragraph 3.8 (c) shall be similar);
- he/she may ask OSI to transfer the SIM card to its ownership for the price of CZK 1000 including VAT. The conditions for the transfer of the SIM card will be communicated specifically to the individual types of SIM cards in OSI. The employee requests the transfer of the SIM card in writing; the transfer is approved by the VC Director (see Annex 3 to this Directive). After the transfer of the SIM card has been approved, OSI informs the internal EO without undue delay. The employee pays the amount of CZK 1000 including VAT to the bank account of the school by cashless payment, the variable symbol is the employee’s personal number.
4. Final Provisions
All employees entrusted with mobile devices for use before the date of entry into force of this Directive shall be required to bring their mobile devices into conformity with this Directive, in particular points 3.3 and 3.5, by 29 February 2008 at the latest.
5. List of attachments
|1||Business Mobile Device Handover / Return Confirmation|
|2||Setting a higher quarterly limi|
|3||SIM card transfer approval|