Operating Rules of Computer Classrooms and Study Rooms
A. Operating Rules of Computer Classrooms and Study Rooms in Žižkov Campus
Computer classrooms (hereinafter referred to as classrooms) are mainly used for organized lessons and individual study. Computer study rooms (further study rooms) are designed for individual study.
The complex of computer classrooms and study rooms consists of:
- One classroom in the mezzanine (SB M15)
- Seven classrooms on the 1st floor (room no.: 103, 104, 105, 106,107, 108,109)
- Seven classrooms on the 2nd floor (rooms: 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208)
|Operation of Classrooms and Study Rooms|
|Classrooms||Mon – Fri 7:30 to 20:00|
|Saturday operation||Scheduled lessons only|
Exceptionally, changes might apply. Current opening hours are available here.
II. Priorities of Using Classrooms
- Lecture and other events (e.g. registration and enrollment, conferences, etc.) according to the schedule of the Pedagogical Department, or as decided by the management of VŠE.
- Extraordinary tuition in agreement with the management of the Informatics Centre or the Head of the Computer Classrooms and Study Rooms Section or the Computer Technology Operation Section at Jižní Město campus.
- Individual study.
- Other use – for example renting classrooms in case of available capacity, and after prior agreement with VŠE management.
Classrooms and study rooms are intended for the fulfillment of study obligations, or for lecturers and other employees of VŠE for the execution of work duties. Work in classrooms and study rooms is subject to the assignment of a user name assigned by the Local Network Administration Section.
IV. User Rights
- The user is entitled to use the installed computer equipment free of charge. VŠE can set charges for consumables (paper, toner, etc.)
- Users have the right to access the classroom area solely for lectures in accordance with the time schedule, and beyond, only if available capacity permits.
- Users are required to present their identification card upon entry.
- Follow Rector’s Order no. 1/07 Policies for Operation and Use of Computer Equipment of VŠE, as amended. Violation of the order results in the user’s access rights being restricted.*)
- To comply with operating rules, order, and to follow an attendant’s instructions. Gross or repeated violations of the operating rules are grounds for prohibiting access to classrooms and study rooms
- To comply with software license agreements, copyrights, and use only properly installed software.
- To respect the inviolability of other users’ directories/folders, the user is responsible for the confidentiality of their access password.
- To handle computers and other devices gently and print economically.
- To report any malfunctions to the attendant on duty. More serious failures should be entered into the workbook, including the room number and workplace number.
- To respect that the school facility is intended only for work related to studies at VŠE. Upon request, the user is obliged to inform the attendant about the subject their work or present their ID card.
- To be quiet and do not disturb others at work.
VI. Additional Restrictions
- It is forbidden to carry out any work on the installed hardware and software, move computers and their components and furniture.
- It is forbidden to carry large baggage (backpacks, travel bags) and other bulky items (bicycles, skis, etc.) to classrooms and study rooms.
- It is forbidden to consume drinks and food in classrooms and study rooms.
- It is forbidden to place clothes around in the classrooms and study rooms.
VII. Obligations and Rights of Computer Classrooms and Study Rooms
- The basic duties of the attendants are:
- to ensure proper operation of the installed computer technology
- to monitor the state of installed computer technology
- to ensure that the Rector’s Order 1/2007 is adhered to
- to take care of order and peace
- check users on arrival and exit
- remedy, or mediate the remedy of, the detected malfunctions
- The attendants are entitled to ban users from classrooms and study rooms in case of violation of the operating rules.
- In case of a serious breach of the operating rules, the attendant is obliged to report an offense to the Head of the Computer Classrooms and Study Rooms Section, who will further resolve the case according to the Rector’s Order No. 1/2007.
*) Important Note
Since the winter semester 1996/97, authorization to access the computer network has also been introduced in the framework of organized education. If a student’s account is suspended, it means not only the loss of the possibility of individual work, but also the loss of the possibility to use computer technology in the enrolled courses.
B. Operating Rules of Computer Classrooms and Study Rooms in Jižní Město Campus
- Computer classrooms (hereinafter referred to as classrooms) are mainly used for organized lessons. The free capacity can be used for individual student work related to the fulfillment of study obligations. Computer study rooms are designed exclusively for individual work.
- Business hours: Monday to Friday 7:30 to 19:45
- Order of priorities for classroom use:
- Lecturing according to the schedule of the Pedagogical Department of the Rectorate.
- Individual work of students.
- Work in the computer network of VŠE is possible only through individually assigned user names.
- Users of classrooms and study rooms are obliged to:
- prove their identity by the student’s index card or the ID card upon request of a worker the Informatics Centre of VŠE,
- check the completeness and functionality of the workplace before starting work. Any defects found must be reported immediately to the attendant,
- observe the operating rules, order, obey the attendant’s instructions and do not disturb others at work. Gross or repeated violations of the operating rules are grounds for prohibiting access to classrooms and study rooms This decision shall be made by the Director of the Informatics Centre or the Head of the Computer Classrooms and Study Rooms Section,
- on the computer desks, there should be only documents (not sweaters, scarves, etc.)
- put coats, jackets and luggage in dressing rooms and observe the principles of work safety and hygiene,
- comply with software license agreements and copyrights; you may not copy network-installed software onto your own media. The software can only be copied from publicly available archives (e.g. ftp.vse.cz). For licensing arrangements concerning specific installed products, please contact Ing. Irena Kneřová (room SB M7, phone 22409 5848),
- communication programs (except those already installed by network management) may be used only with the agreement of the responsible network management personnel,
- respect the inviolability of other users’ directories/folders,
- handle computers and other devices gently and avoid wasting paper while printing,
- respect that this school facility is intended only for work related to studies at VŠE. Exceptions are permitted by the Director of the Informatics Centre. Upon request, the user is obliged to inform the attendant about the subject of their work,
- notify the attendant of any defects in the technical equipment or software immediately,
- turn off cell phones.
- It is forbidden
- to interfere in any way with the hardware and software (you cannot even switch mouses, etc.)
- to access in jackets, coats and with luggage to computer classrooms and study rooms,
- to eat and consume drinks in classrooms and study rooms,
- to use mobile phones in classrooms and study rooms.
Computers in classrooms and study rooms are used solely for lecturing and studying or for processing tasks arising from the employment contract. Failure to comply with the VŠE Rector’s Order No. 1/2007 (Operation and Use of Computer Equipment and Computer Network of the Prague University of Economics and Business) and violation of the operating rules are the reason for limiting or revoking the user rights on the computer network of VŠE.